About The Company
Our client is a niche ISP who partners with key vendors and telco groups providing a one-stop solution for discerning customers. Continued growth has created an opportunity for you to join them in a client/customer facing IT Technician/Network Support engineer capacity.
About The Role
This role will suit your positive professional communication and interpersonal skills, helping small to medium businesses with their IT and telco needs across hardware, software and comms. You will have an opportunity to leverage your IT technician and network support experience as you help problem solve Network and IT issues. This role would also suit a recent IT graduate.
This is a role that will leverage your self-motivation and problem solving skills working across a complete project life-cycle. Technically, you will need to have a working knowledge of networking technologies Cisco, MikroTec, Wireless, cabling etc.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Supporting clients remotely with their networking related issues;
- Level 1/2 support of VoIP Hosted Platforms
- Taking ownership of tickets and action them accordingly within business SLA’s;
- Documentation of issues and resolutions;
- Communicating with clients to provide regular updates and feedback;
- Help with installations – wireless, cabling and masts etc.
- Escalating tickets to more senior engineers within a timely and efficient matter; and
- Potential on-site travel required to resolve more complex issues and assisting with roll-outs.
Skills & Experience
- Experience with networking technologies – routers, switches and wireless
- Level 1 – 2 troubleshooting and remediation
- Experience working with MikroTek technologies and/or CISCO
- Experience with PABX, VoIP and Wireless
- Some Telco knowledge across PABX, NBN, mobiles etc is an advantage.
- An understanding of LAN/WAN networks
- Certifications such as CCNA, ACSP.
- OR a recent IT Graduate
How to Apply
If this is you, please apply below with your up-to-date CV (in Word format). All suitable applicants will be contacted for a discussion; please ensure you have relevant visa’s to work in Australia. For a confidential discussion, please contact Paul Thomson on 0415 176 085