About The Company
This Australian owned data centre, cloud and connectivity provide specialise in enterprise cloud, robust data centres, managed connectivity solutions and multi-provider internet services. They have a mission to deliver Australia’s best cloud and data communications services through Enterprise Class Data Centres combined with robust network stability and unrivalled customer service.
About The Role
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Linux Engineer to learn and work with a high-performing team ensuring availability of Linux platforms and running software at scale. Working as part of the Systems Team, the Linux Systems Engineer will assist with the creation, development and deployment of complex systems infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Day-to-day operations of a fleet of 500-odd VMs, containers and metal hosts
- Project work
- BAU (respond to support tickets)
- On-Call duty
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Container technologies (Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes)
- Storage (Ceph, GFS2, Gluster, S3)
- Orchestration (Packer, Teraform, Ansible)
- Database administration (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- On-prem cloud (vCloud Director)
- Scripting (Bash, Python, Perl)
- Core ISP technologies (anycast, dns, mail, radius, web, host firewalls)
- Hashicorp stack (Consul, Vault, Packer, Terraform)
- Experience writing in Golang
- Logging and metrics at scale (Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Graylog, Fluentd)
If you have a passion for developing your Linux skillset and having hands-on experience with creating modern technology stacks within a Linux-only environment, then this is an exciting career opportunity for you.
The work environment is fast-paced and challenging, and personal development is encouraged and supported.
How to Apply
If this is you, please apply below with your up-to-date CV (in Word format). All suitable applicants will be contacted for a discussion; please ensure you have relevant visa’s to work in Australia. For a confidential discussion, please contact Paul Thomson on 0415 176 085.