About the Client
Our customer is a global leader in specialised mapping technology specialising in autonomy. We have been asked to recruit a Devops / Systems Manager who is looking to work with a dynamic well-funded business utilising leading edge technology.
About The Role
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced DevOps / IT Systems Manager to manage the use of IT, supporting both product development and release management as well as internal IT Systems and Security administration.
- Engage with staff to determine current and future IT Systems and security requirements, and lead IT Strategy development.
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations
- Work closely with team leads and IT service provider to maintain IT hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently.
- Proactively plan for system upgrades and improvements.
- Lead the execution of system upgrades, engaging with external providers as appropriate.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage.
- Analyse the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions.
- Provide advice on data management and security.
- Oversee the technological infrastructure
- Oversee IT service provider user management, on-boarding, desktop support.
- Oversee the configuration and maintenance of basic office infrastructure including network, storage, backups.
- Develop organisational procedures and policies.
- Manage relationships with service providers.
- Experience leading IT operations and delivering best practice supporting technology R&D as well as business systems
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
- Experience and thorough knowledge of networking and security
- Experience with storage and backup administration.
- Experience with the development of policies and plans for data management, incident response, security etc.
This is an outstanding opportunity where you can use your skills knowledge and personal attribute to really make a difference. Creativity is encouraged and you can access new innovative technology
How to Apply
If this is you, please apply below with your up-to-date CV (in Word format with your postal address). All suitable applicants will be contacted for a discussion; please ensure you have relevant visa’s to work in Australia. Please contact Paul Thomson on 0415 176 085 or send your resume to email@example.com