- Innovative cutting edge technology
- Highly successful team
- Great career play
About the Client
Our customer is a leader in subterranean mapping technology in Australia and overseas specialising in autonomous drone mapping technology. Having spun out of the largest scientific research entity in the country they continue to experience significant growth both in employee size and new customers needing their services. We have been asked to recruit a Data Scientist that is looking to join a dynamic well-funded business with considerable growth plans over the next 12 – 24 months.
- Research and implement state-of-the-art algorithms that automate the analysis of 2D and 3D data and generate actionable insights to the customer.
- Deliver the algorithms as production-ready as libraries or software tools and support integration into the larger software suite.
- Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify opportunities to create business value from the collected data.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of workflows and user interfaces to enable our customers to practically apply the algorithms with minimal technical skill.
- Work with our drone autonomy and hardware teams to automate and optimise the whole workflow of data collection and analysis.
- Work with our drone autonomy and hardware teams to develop new and innovative ways to collect and analyse data.
- Measure and optimise systems by tracking their performance in real-world usage.
- Work with our partners and explore the integration of our analytics algorithms into their software platforms.
- Be a positive, energetic and collaborative team member who is willing to own and drive our data analytics product offering.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years combined experience developing analytics algorithms and/or software for 3D data analysis.
- Experience with a number of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.)
- Experience with advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc.)
- Excellent mathematics and algorithm development and implementation skills.
- Able to test your work, debug and profile applications, and communicate results and trade-offs.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with analysing spatial data and/or lidar point clouds.
- Experience with image processing and photogrammetry.
- Proficient in writing production-ready software in C++ and python.
- Experience with database code for the management and processing of large geospatial and time series data sets.
How to Apply
If this is you, please apply below with your up-to-date CV (in Word format). All suitable applicants will be contacted for a discussion; please ensure you have relevant visa’s to work in Australia. For a confidential discussion, please contact Julian Clauson on 07 3193 3222.